Sunday, January 8, 2017

LuLaRoe

As some of you know I am have interested in becoming a LLR (LuLaRoe) consultant. I really love their clothing, it is ridiculously comfortable, fashionable, fun and I feel great in it.

This is pretty accurate! :)

I have been researching for about a month now on what exactly becoming a consultant entails. As it turns out, being a LLR consultant is a legit business but is nothing like the other consultant/direct sales jobs which is kinda why I like it and also why it makes me incredibly nervous.

Here are a few things I've learned:

→ As a LLR consultant you own your own inventory. There are no catalogs or websites for customers to order and buy from. I would have the option to host in home "pop ups" (where I would bring all my items to a friends house and they would invite their friends to shop), open house pop ups (where people could come to my house and shop), multi consultant sales (where I would take my items to a central location along with other consultants for people to shop), and online sales.

→ There is no direct competition between LLR consultants because everyone has different inventory. Different inventory as in, different patterns, colors and even styles. There are only so many pieces made in each patter the likelihood of every consultant in Marysville having the same exact thing is VERY unlikely! In fact I went to a multi consultant sale today. There were about 12 consultants with their inventory and I only saw maybe 3 or 4 items that were a duplicated in all.

→ There is no pyramid scheme. I do not have to create a "team" or recruit people to become consultants in order for me to make money. All I have to do is sell the clothes, which pretty much sell themselves!

→ There is no "quota" that I need to meet each month. I can sell 1 piece or 1,000, that is up to me. Although, the more I would sell the more I would make so if I am only selling 1 piece a month I really shouldn't be a consultant!

→ I would have to apply and obtain a business license and pay quarterly taxes which, to be honest, still intimidates me. I feel like I have enough of an idea on how that works to be able to make a good decision.

→ Once signed up, I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks before LLR calls me and asks if I'm sure I want to do this. Ha. At that point I would say yes and purchase my initial inventory package or tell them I changed my mind and don't want to be a consultant.

→ That initial inventory package is not cheap BUT I would be buying my actual inventory so it is more of an investment than a fee which I would make back and them some.

→ Because I am a pessimist I researched on how or what happens it I get in over my head and want out. Turns outs, there is a fairly easy "out". I can literately sell everything back to LLR less a restocking fee or I can sell it to current consultants who would buy it back and I would not loose anything. Phew....

So after going back and forth I have decided to have courage (see my last post) and sign up because just what if I succeed?! I have an amazing sponsor (basically a trainer), Tina, who will train me, help me get started, encourage, support and make sure I succeed. She is local here in Marysville and has been so patient with all of my questions. I look forward to getting to know her better and learning all her LLR wisdom! ❤

With the 6-8 week window in place, I am looking to get my call about the end of February. I am beyond excited, and nervous; probably equal parts of each. I am very new to LLR so there is so much to learn but I am ready and anxious. Those of you who are familiar with LLR, you probably already have your go to consultant but I would love to have your support in my journey with LLR too and the chance to help you find your unicorn or another piece to feel amazing in. For those of you who have zero idea as to what LLR is, here is their website: http://www.lularoe.com if you are interested. I would be honored to be the one who introduced you to their clothing and help you find the perfect piece to feel amazing in! There is truly something for everyone and sizing is XXS - 3XL!  ❤

For those of you reading this via Facebook, you are on a custom list there and not everyone on my friends list is on it or has access to this blog. Yes, consider yourself special. ☺ So I have not announced this publicly yet, but will soon. Once I get a Facebook group created I will announce it to all my "friends".

I will have a separate group page from my personal page, where I will sell, advertise and create events on everything LLR. Once I create the group you will be able to join it if you are interested. If you do not want to join the group please don't feel obligated to. I will only every once in awhile mention LLR on my personal timeline so if you're not interested you won't have to hear about it all the time. That isn't me, I don't like to "sell" you on something you really aren't interested in. Hence the fact I am really glad I don't have to recruit people because honestly, I would fail at that! Ha.

I know that there are some of you reading this who may have your doubts or want to question my decision on becoming a consultant but please don't. If we're close, and you know who you are, and have concerns, feel free to ask but I have probably thought all your concerns already, remember, I suffer from anxiety. This was a really hard decision for me to make but I believe I made an educated one. Sure there is a lot I don't know right now, but thank goodness I have 6 - 8 weeks to learn and prep for it. Worse case is when they call I have realized I was crazy for making this decision I can tell them no thank you.

Albert is 100% on board with me which truly helped make my decision. It will be nice to help, if even just a little, financially too. Some women make a ton of money doing this. I am not sure I will be one of them but if I could pay the mortgage for us each month I would call it a big success! It will be a lot of work, but fun and rewarding work. There is something really amazing about being able to help other women find pieces that fit them well, make them feel as beautiful as they truly are and boost their confidence. I can't wait!

Thank you in advance to all of you who will support and encourage me along the way. ❤








No comments:

Post a Comment