Monday, July 31, 2017

Two years.

Wow. It's been 2 years since I put in my 4, FOUR, week notice at MM. Don't ask me why I gave them 4 weeks. I tried to be a good soon to be ex employee but it didn't help them one bit.

Do I miss working there? Heck no!

Do I miss my co-workers? Absolutely!

After becoming a stay at home mom almost 2 years ago, I've learned a lot. A lot about Antonio, his school, his friends and about me. Thanks to twice a month therapy appointments, I've learned that I am a control freak who absolutely wears my heart and emotions on my sleeve (well that 2nd part I pretty much already knew) and who is consumed with what others think/crave their approval. I apologize for that and it's something I'm working hard at but am not succeeding at. Ha.

I'm going in to my 3rd year being heavily involved with Antonio's school PTSA. This year already proving to possibly be the hardest. I've gone from not voicing many opinions and just absorbing, to voicing many opinions, to voicing all my opinions. Which in turn, hasn't necessarily the best idea. I'm finding myself the strong minority in many decisions, which in turn is becoming frustrating to me.  Not by anyones fault but my own. However, PTSA desperately needs help so I am not completely giving up. For the other board members sakes, maybe just not being so involved with the "planning" side of things and taking a step back a bit. I truly love helping Antonio's school and the reward I get from it, is huge! That staff and those kids are truly amazing and deserve the very best! ♥♥ The women I have met through PTSA are amazing as well and because of PTSA I have found lifelong friendships in random places!

Antonio is about to start 3rd grade and I look forward to helping in class or at least the teacher again. I know my time is limited where he will want me around so I soak it up while I still can. He is such a smart, kind, gentle and loving kid. The friends he has made are such good kids too. However, he calls a lot of kids friends he only really has one best buddy and one best friend. I asked him the difference and his answer was spot on. His best buddy is a kid who he loves to play with and spend time with. Someone who is nice to him and would never be mean him. His best friend is someone who he doesn't play with very much but loves to be around him. He is someone who is very nice, always does the right things and is a good person to be around. Those were his words. I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to always play with his best friend, granted, this particular boy has moved out of state but when he was here they didn't play much together. His best buddy is a good kid too and I would be shocked if he didn't always do the right things. Regardless, excellent qualities to have in a best buddy and best friend.

I am 6 months in with Lularoe, which has been amazing. I won't lie, its hard and times have been harder as of lately but this experience is so much fun. The ladies I have met through Lularoe are amazing as well. They are smart, strong and hardworking as well as big hearted! Lularoe is big on "blessing others". If I could give away all of my inventory to unsuspected people everyday I would. Antonio and I handed out leggings about a month ago while we were out doing errands and the reactions people gave us were priceless. Their surprise and joy was so sincere I may have chocked up a bit myself! ♥ Antonio said he wants to give free things to people every time we go out! Ha! Me to kid but we can't, I have to make some money!

I truly miss my co workers from MM though. I've stopped in at their new location a couple times and its been bittersweet to see them and the new employees. I don't think I could ever go back there to work, especially as long as my old boss is there but it is nice to stop in and chat. I've always been better working with men than women and with the guys I worked with, I was myself, wholeheartedly. And because they, for the most part, were middle aged men I didn't care what they thought, which turns out is rare for me.

Looking back, the decision to quit 2 years ago was the best decision we've made. The time I've had with Antonio can never be replaced and I am forever grateful for that time and my very hard working husband. I am a lucky lady. Wish me luck, I have a couple things weighing heavily on my mind lately and hope decisions made are the right ones for all involved! ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment