Sunday, September 24, 2017

Who Cares?!

I know I don't.

When did everything, society, social media, the news, get so political? Really? I feel like it started a few months prior to the presidential election, which is expected, for any election. But usually after a couple weeks it slows to an almost stop. I know I was so sick of it leading up to the election and I was so looking forward to election and it all being over. But it wasn't, and still isn't. Why is it that everyone is either a Trump supporter or not? I didn't vote for Trump but I am 100% for making America great again and if he can do it then I support him. Because we need to make America great again. 

But we aren't. 

Not even close. 

This isn't going to be about whether I, or you support Trump or not. Because I know for a fact that I have family and friends on both sides. This isn't political. This is purely about making America great again. 

Who cares who you love, I'm just happy you are in love. Its an amazing place to be. ♥ Who has the right to say who you can or can't love? I mean really, don't we all know that we can't control who our heart loves?! If we could, we would have made our high school crush love us back. Heck, Omar and I would've been madly in love way back when. Ha! Clearly that didn't happen so why are we telling people who they should and shouldn't love? I know, the issue is more who you can marry but same difference. 

Who cares where you came from? Where your parents came from? And if you got here legally? I mean, if you are here (in America) working hard, abiding by the law, paying bills AND your taxes, why does it really matter?! If you got here illegally and are not doing any of the above then yes, there should most definitely be some sort of repercussion. Albert, my very hard working, law abiding, now US citizen husband, came to America pretty much illegally and then didn't become officially become a US citizen until about 10 years ago. He had zero control of how he got here but he got here and made the most of it. Just like so many others. Does that mean if he wasn't a US citizen now he should be deported?! I am extremely thankful we don't have to worry about that but so many other good human beings do. Yes, those who aren't yet citizens should work to become one but it takes a lot of time, hard work AND money to be come a US citizen. 

Don't ever generalize or assume because you DO NOT KNOW.

And for crying out loud, who cares if you stand or kneel for the national anthem. I grew up standing and taking your hat off as a sign of respect but really, everyone just does it because everyone else does. Yes, we do it to show respect but how does not standing make you un-American?!? How did the act of not standing become a way to show support of anti-bigotry/racism/hate/etc?! I truly don't understand. Why can't standing for the national anthem just be as simple as showing support of our military and our country? No underlying message or meaning? Why are things so complicated?

I feel like everyone has taken this "freedom of speech" thing WAY out of proportion. Yes, you should be able to think, feel and say whatever you want, whenever you want but there is no reason to do it in a hateful way. You can protest what ever you want but do it peacefully. You can get your point across without being hateful; agree to disagree. It happens every day. And when did voicing your opinion become an open door for arguments, not peaceful discussions and people being so offended?

What are we teaching our children? Don't we want our children to grow up feeling safe in their own skin, feeling like they can do what ever they want, love who ever they want, marry whoever they want and say whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone? Don't we want them to embrace who they are and stand up for what they feel is right without fearing what will happen if they show their true self and express their opinions? 

Also, why is there more talk about who doesn't stand for the national anthem than there is about the recent natural disasters? How are we helping Puerto Rico and the other places who have recently been hit hard by hurricanes? Or what about Mexico and the earthquakes? In my opinion, there are so many bigger issues right now. Why are we even making this national anthem "thing" such a big issue?! 

We are clearly a divided and hateful country right now and that scares me for so many reasons. We just need to start small, more kindness, love and true concern for each other. At the end of the day we are all humans who need air to breathe, water to drink, want to be loved, feel accepted and bleed red blood regardless of our skin color. I dare you to do one unexpected kind thing tomorrow. It can be anything and doesn't have to be big. Just be the reason someone smiles tomorrow. Lets make America great again, I dare you. ♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment